Outsourcing Projects

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Can I host my web site on my home/office computer?

That's an interesting question...

Let me first give you a quick answer before I bore you with details.
Yes, you CAN host a web site on your home/office computer.

And why do I think it is an interesting question - Because, unfailingly, at least one student from my beginners class throws this at me and so I guess it's something that everyone wants to know. Also the answer to this question helps us to know, in a little bit more detail, what web servers are and how they work.

Let me rephrase the question - Why can't our home computers with broadband internet and 24/7 connectivity be used as web Servers and host web sites? Actually, our home computers CAN act like web servers. Here are a few things we need:

Read More Article...

No comments: