Outsourcing Projects

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

3 Things You MUST Know Before Buying Web Hosting

Back in 2005, I purchased shared server space from a well-known hosting company. In an attempt to “save” money, I paid for two years up front, and $268 later, I had my first real home on the Web.

Two short months after that, I came to the harsh realization that my server package was completely inadequate for my needs.

Ouch. Ultimately, a few key details made the difference, and although I learned this stuff the hard (read: the expensive) way, the good news is that you can avoid these same mistakes. You simply need to know where the potential traps are, and that’s precisely what I want to share with you today.

Buying Web hosting is a lot like buying a new car. The sleazebag car salesman wants to sell you on all the crazy new features of a particular model, but all you really care about is whether or not your venti latte will fit in the damn cupholder.

Read More Article...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for that!

arlene,
virtual personal assistant